Significant Points To Remember For Survival In Difficult Conditions
Knowing basic survival tips can help you in many survival situations.
- S: Size up the condition.
- U: Use your senses.
- R: Remember the place where you are you located.
- V: Vanquish panic & fear.
- I: Improvise.
- V: Value Living.
- A: Act like natives.
- L: Live your wits & learn basic skills.
Try to create a survival pattern that will help you to survive when the difficult situation arises. The survival pattern must include the water, food, shelters, fires; signals and first aid. These are some of the basic needs that one requires in the difficult circumstances.
For example, in winter or cold environment one of the basic requirements is fire to stay warm, a shelter to stay protected from the cold winds, snow or rain, snares or traps to get some food, a signal mode for friendly aircraft as well as first aid in case of accident or casualties.
It is also very necessary that one should change their survival pattern as the environment changes or requires.
Survival planning is also one of the most important things that you should take into consideration while facing unfavorable conditions. A perfect survival plan or trick should always involve the needs, locations as well as the perceived threats. The time should be the last factor in the survival planning. You should keep on adjusting their planning according to the changing time, information and skill growth. Consider the approximation for which you have to face a particular condition or situation and how much time will be required to come out of it. Try to be flexible.
The last factor in survival planning is time. You have to determine both how much time you have to meet your goals and also how much time is needed to reach those goals, working within that time line.
- Write down the plan.
- Set or plan a realistic goal.
- Make a plan within the budget.
- Consider the personal needs for survival.
- Set a time to come out of the unfavorable situation.
- Once the plan is ready, convert into action immediately.
There could be numerous conditions that may lead to the survival scenario and any of them can arise at any time. Of course, it may not always be the extreme condition such as injury to the trail runner in the wilderness or skiers gone off course.
A survival scenario may also arise when your vacation tour member has accidentally left you behind in the jungle or you simply you ran out petrol or gas in your vehicle on desolate stretch of the wintery road. The problem is not that you are all alone in such a threatening or strange situation. It is a question of if you have the potential and equipment necessary to deal with and to survive in such situation?
A fully stocked kit for emergency is one the most essential things that one should carry along with them in their car while a road trip. If you are hiking or camping, all you require is some survival supplies in the pack such as a bug out bag.
There is an old saying that it is good to have something in your kit and not require it rather than to require it and yet do not have it. Here are some of the most essential things that one should have in his or her survival tools.
- Compass & Map
- Starter for fire
- Kit for first aid
- Survival knife
- Snakebite kit
- Multi tool
- Water treatment
Emergency preparedness can be described as being prepared for all types of circumstances or emergencies and able to respond at the period of crisis. Emergency Preparedness helps to save property and lives as well as helps the community and nation to return to the normal life after a threat or a disaster.
Emergency preparedness mainly involves three types of the preparedness such as…
- Individual preparedness: Individual Preparedness involves emotional as well as mental preparation to stay prepared to deal with unfavorable or difficult circumstances and to stay protected.
- Family preparedness:Help families during emergencies such as fires, floods, tornadoes, hurricanes, fallout protection, warning signals, terrorism attacks, explosions or any other emergencies situations. Share some survival tips with your family and make sure that they are equip with their survival kits.
- Community preparedness: Consider community involvement in overall survival planning as well as emergency preparedness.
Do you have any survival tips that you would like to share? Community preparedness was listed last but not least. It is important to help to educate each other and to uplift each other.